We provide our patrons with access to the following online resources, free for you to use anywhere you can get online.
- World Book Online - Kids: A searchable online encyclopedia for kids, designed to support school projects and similar learning activities. Also includes the "Early World of Learning", a set of online activities for younger children just learning to read.
- Ancestry.com: One of the most powerful geneological research tools, available to you free. Note: Only available for use on library computers.
- Jobs for Teens: A collection of free, high quality resources to help teens and young adults find jobs, craft resumes, and hone interviewing skills.
- HLOOM: Free MS Office compatible templates for resumes, cover letters, Invoices, Flyers and many other common types of document
- The Merck Manuals are a free online resource for medical information, with a Professional version for professionals and students, a Consumer version for patients and caregivers, and a Vetrinary section for animal care.
- Beaumont-Dearborn Medical Library is open to the public, offers many health information resources, and takes requests for information packets on any aspect of medicine or health care.
TLN & MEL Databases
You can also access 50+ online databases and other resources through The Library Network's website. Some are provided by The Library Network, others are available to all Michigan residents through the Michigan Electronic Library. Resources available include:
- Academic Search Complete: Search and access full-text scholarly journals on numerous subjects.
- Britannica School: Three sets of resources aimed at Elementary, Middle, and High School students.
- Automate: Automative car and truck repair information, with make and model combinations from 1974 to the present.
- Consumer Reports:All issues of Consumer Reports from 1985 to present: the product news and reviews you know and trust, all online in full text and color.
- And many more!