We provide our patrons with access to the following online resources, free for you to use anywhere you can get online.
- ABCmouse Home Access: The multi-award-winning ABCmouse Early Learning Academy offers the most comprehensive online curriculum for children ages 2–8+, including reading and language arts, math, beginning science, social studies, art and music
- TALK: TALK is a simple program for early learners, to help prepare them for school! Sign up to get 8-10 messages per month with fun activities you can do at home to help prepare little ones, ages 5 and under, for school success. You will also receive messages about library events! It's easy to sign up, just text TALK to 75547, or follow the link.
- World Book Online - Kids: A searchable online encyclopedia for kids, designed to support school projects and similar learning activities. Also includes the "Early World of Learning", a set of online activities for younger children just learning to read.
- Ancestry.com: One of the most powerful geneological research tools, available to you free. Note: Only available for use on library computers.
- Transparent Language Online: Language learners can build vocabulary, practice skills, and maintain what they have learned. Available anytime, anywhere, in 110+ languages. Requires a Southgate library card
- Jobs for Teens: A collection of free, high quality resources to help teens and young adults find jobs, craft resumes, and hone interviewing skills.
- HLOOM: Free MS Office compatible templates for resumes, cover letters, Invoices, Flyers and many other common types of document
- The Merck Manuals are a free online resource for medical information, with a Professional version for professionals and students, a Consumer version for patients and caregivers, and a Veterinary section for animal care.
TLN & MEL Resources
You can also access 50+ online databases and other resources through The Michigan Electronic Library. Resources available include:
- Academic Search Complete: Search and access full-text scholarly journals on numerous subjects.
- Britannica School: Three sets of resources aimed at Elementary, Middle, and High School students.
- Automate: Automative car and truck repair information, with make and model combinations from 1974 to the present.
- Consumer Reports:All issues of Consumer Reports from 1985 to present: the product news and reviews you know and trust, all online in full text and color.
- And many more!